Chinese Beef with Ginger and Spinach. Slow cooking beef shin or brisket in Asian aromatic spices gives a melt-in-the-mouth main course that's delicious with steamed rice and crisp stir-fried Lift the beef out of the sauce into a dish, to keep warm. Boil the sauce until reduced by about half and thickened. Meanwhile, fry the ginger in the oil until.
Ingredients of Chinese Beef with Ginger and Spinach
- You need of Medium Onions.
- It’s of Chopped Beef (or Alternative).
- It’s of Red Pepper.
- It’s of Yellow or Orange Pepper (for colour).
- Prepare of Small Bulb Garlic (Approx 5 large cloves).
- Prepare of fresh Ginger.
- Prepare of Beef Stock Cube.
- It’s of Chicken Stock Cube.
- It’s of Boiling Water.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes (Optional).
- Prepare of Mushrooms (Optional).
- It’s of Dark Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Maple Syrup.
- You need of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare of Spinach.
- Prepare of heaped teaspoons Cornflour dissolved in a dash of cold water.
- It’s of Salt.
Add a few pieces of ginger and half a teaspoon of white peppercorn, which helps to remove the unwanted smell. Whether you're looking to make Mongolian beef or classic beef and broccoli, find dozens of tempting Chinese beef main dish recipes to make at home. A beef stir-fry that has wonderful flavors without using a ton of spices. Fresh ginger mixes will with the soy sauce.
Chinese Beef with Ginger and Spinach step by step
- Finely slice the onions and fry in 1tbsp Olive Oil and 1tbsp Sesame Oil (can substitute if allergic) on a medium heat (4 on a dial 1-6).
- Meanwhile Slice the peppers, finely chop or grate the ginger and peas the garlic cloves….. (Don't forget to keep an eye on the onions, you don't want them to burn!).
- When the onions have lightly caramelised, add the beef..
- When the beef is browned, add the Peppers and Ginger (also add the mushrooms at this point if you wish to include them in your recipe) Continue stirring so that it doesn't catch on the pan..
- Dissolve the stock cubes in a cup of boiled water..
- Add the Garlic and Stock to the pan. Stir, and add a further 2 Cups Boiling Water. Add a good Grinding of Pepper (you can also add chilli flakes at this point if you want to add a little heat to the dish) reduce the heat (to 3) and simmer for approximately 45 minutes until the beef is tender and stock has sufficiently reduced..
- When reduced by approximately half, add Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup and Red Wine Vinegar. Stir, then add Spinach, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes or untill all the spinach has wilted and darkened..
- Stir in the Cornflour solution, allow to bubble on the heat briefly, then remove from the heat. Add extra salt and pepper according to taste if required..
- Serve with Noodles of choice!! (I like Brown Rice Vermicelli noodles or whole-wheat egg noodles)..
- Adjust accordingly. You could add extras such as baby corn or mange tout, extra chilli or vinegar, mushrooms, broccoli etc! You could alter the sweetener to that of your choice or replace the meat with a vegetarian/vegan alternative. Enjoy!!.
Ginger and Scallions Beef (姜葱牛肉) is a quick and satisfying stir fry. I know not all Chinese families add Chinese wine to their cooking. So it is fine to omit it, will not break the taste of the dish. Chinese beef soup recipes usually feature Chinese herbs and tougher beef cuts that are slow cooked to perfection in a slow cooker. This soup nourishes the blood, build body Water spinach is the quintessential Southeast asian vegetable.