Pina Colada Cupcakes. Pina Colada Cupcakes are a must try dessert! These are soft, moist, fluffy, and brimming with those classic pina colada flavors we all crave! Dip tops of frosted cupcakes in coconut.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 of and 2/3 cups all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice, 100% juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of coconut extract.
These Pina Colada Cupcakes are made with moist and fluffy pineapple cake topped with a delicious coconut frosting! Inspired by the classic cocktail, these cupcakes are perfect for summer! These Piña Colada cupcakes have a pineapple cupcake base, a creamy coconut frosting, and taste just like T hese light and fluffy Piña Colada Cupcakes were inspired by our favorite tropical cocktail. Use this tropical inspired recipe to bake up a batch of light and fluffy pina colada cupcakes and get transported to warm and sunny beaches in just one bite.
Pina Colada Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make cupcakes: In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl melt the butter.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Whisk in the pineapple juice, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until no lumps are left.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: With an electric mixer or stand mixer beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, cream, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Beat at high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Piña Colada cupcakes are perfect cupcake versions of the drink – complete with coconut How to Make Piña Colada Cupcakes. To give these cupcakes their signature flavor, you'll start with mixing. Just like your favorite frozen cocktail, these cupcakes have all the sunny, tropical flavors of a pina colada! Once the cupcakes are out and have cooled, prepare the topping. Whisk the icing sugar, butter, double cream, coconut rum and pineapple juice.