Pina Colada Cupcakes. Pina Colada Cupcakes are a must try dessert! These are soft, moist, fluffy, and brimming with those classic pina colada flavors we all crave! Dip tops of frosted cupcakes in coconut.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcake.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter melted.
- It’s 1 large of egg, at room temp.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temp.
- You need 3 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream, half-and-half, or coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coconut extract.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
These Pina Colada Cupcakes are made with moist and fluffy pineapple cake topped with a delicious coconut frosting! Inspired by the classic cocktail, these cupcakes are perfect for summer! These Piña Colada cupcakes have a pineapple cupcake base, a creamy coconut frosting, and taste just like T hese light and fluffy Piña Colada Cupcakes were inspired by our favorite tropical cocktail. Use this tropical inspired recipe to bake up a batch of light and fluffy pina colada cupcakes and get transported to warm and sunny beaches in just one bite.
Pina Colada Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside..
- Make the cupcakes: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk in egg, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until combined..
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no lumps remain. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting..
- Make the frosting: In a medium bowl, beat the softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Turn mixer off and add confectioners' sugar, cream, vanilla, and coconut extracts. Mix on low for 1 minute then increase to high speed and beat for 3-4 full minutes. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more cream if frosting is too thick. Add salt if frosting is too sweet (I usually add 1/4 teaspoon). Frost cooled cupcakes. There may be leftover frosting depending how much you use on each cupcake. I used a Wilton #12 piping tip. Decorate cupcakes with coconut, pineapple slices, and/or a cherry..
- Store cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the refrigerator up to 4..
Piña Colada cupcakes are perfect cupcake versions of the drink – complete with coconut How to Make Piña Colada Cupcakes. To give these cupcakes their signature flavor, you'll start with mixing. Just like your favorite frozen cocktail, these cupcakes have all the sunny, tropical flavors of a pina colada! Once the cupcakes are out and have cooled, prepare the topping. Whisk the icing sugar, butter, double cream, coconut rum and pineapple juice.