Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes with Browned-Butter-Cinnamon-Cream-Cheese Frosting (from. Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes are topped with a to-die-for Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting for an irresistible bite-sized dessert. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each.
Ingredients of Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes with Browned-Butter-Cinnamon-Cream-Cheese Frosting (from
- It’s of Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 of 16oz package of light brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of 8oz container of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Browned-butter-cinnamon-cream-cheese frosting.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 of 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 2 of 16oz packages of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
I always recommend beating the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer first until both are well-combined and lump-free, and then adding your other ingredients. Well, Cream Cheese Frosting itself is already one of my favorites. But when you add the cinnamon to it… mind blowing! If you are a fan of those flavors, you will be enchanted with this.
Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes with Browned-Butter-Cinnamon-Cream-Cheese Frosting (from instructions
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°..
- Microwave morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals..
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended (about 5 minutes)..
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition..
- Add melted chocolate; beat until blended..
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt..
- Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture..
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition..
- Gradually add hot water in a slow, steady stream, beating at low speed just until blended..
- Stir in vanilla.
- Place 36 paper baking cups in 3 (12-cup) muffin pans; spoon batter into cups, filling three-fourths full..
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean..
- Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 45 minutes)..
- Icing: Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown..
- Immediately remove from heat..
- Pour butter into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify..
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy..
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pipe onto cupcakes.
Butter: When creamed with sugar, butter adds flavor, moisture, and structure. Sugar: I love the mix of both brown sugar and granulated sugar in these cupcakes. Super-moist and flavorful banana cupcakes with creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top! A spicy cupcake with subtle cinnamon frosting. A spicy, gingery cake finds its perfect complement in sweet, rich cream cheese frosting.