Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang. Chicken Rendang, or Rendang Ayam is a lip-smacking Indonesian dry curry that's loaded with tender chicken simmered with a spice paste and coconut milk until there's almost no sauce left. At this point, the remaining sauce is caramelize around the chicken along with roasted coconut to create an. Ayam Taliwang – Super Spicy Street Food in Lombok, Indonesia!
Ingredients of Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang
- You need of chicken cut in chunk.
- Prepare of each chunk of potato and carrot.
- It’s of fresh grated coconut flesh.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of tomato puree.
- It’s of dry spice.
- Prepare of to 10 dry cili and 1 fresh red cili. (the more the spicier).
- Prepare of shallot and 5 garlic.
- Prepare of inches of ginger.
- It’s of lemon grass.
- Prepare of galangal and fresh turmeric.
- It’s of seasoning.
- It’s of salt and brown sugar.
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare of coriander.
Coconut curry chicken has TONS of variations; from South India to Thailand, no two curries are exactly the same. Our Americanized version might be a bit untraditional, but trust us, it's delicious. Be sure to reach for full-fat coconut milk for an ultra-velvety sauce. Coconut chicken curry is one of my all time favorite comfort foods, especially this version: Malaysian-ish coconut curry chicken.
Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang instructions
- lightly toast coconut set aside.
- pound or blend dry spice.
- in pan with oil saute spice till fragrant in low heat for about 15 minutes then add chicken and vegetable with tomato puree and bring it to a boil stiring every now and then for another 15 minute then add coconut milk ,let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- add in grated coconut and seasoning to taste stir gently not to break up vegetable continuingly till sauce thickening but if prefer more gravy can add half cup of water for another 5 minute off heat and serve top garnish.
This curry is a mix of Malaysian, Singaporean, and Indonesian styles. It's thickened with coconut milk, seasoned with fish sauce, and scented with lemongrass, star anise. The same recipe for the chicken rendang can be used to prepare beef, pork, eggs, and even young jackfruit. Rendang is the most distinguished dish of the Minang people, and the people of Minang has existed since long before either Indonesia or Malaysia becomes a country. Rendang is a Malaysian meat dish that's slow-cooked in coconut milk.