Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Indonesian Rendang Beef : – Chuck Steak ; Shallot ; Garlic ; Ginger ; Dried Galangal ; Candlenuts ; Homemade Chili Sauce ; Lemongrass ; Indonesian Indonesian Yellow Ginger Rice : – Long-grain Rice ; Chicken Stock ; Coconut Cream ; Turmeric Powder ; Salt ; Indonesian Bay Leaves ; Lime. The original Indonesian-Minangkabau rendang has two categories, rendang darek and rendang pesisir. Rendang darek ('land rendang') is an umbrella Rendang kunyit or Rendang Kuala Pilah or Rendang kuning: yellow-hued rendang, uses fresh turmeric, lemongrass, and coconut milk but with.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice
- You need of rendang :.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef no fat.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (koya kelapa).
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal.
- Prepare 8 of shallots.
- You need 10-15 of red chilies.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts.
- You need 5-6 of dry cloves and 4 dried cardamoms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s To taste of beef stock powder.
- It’s 2 packets of Indofood Rendang paste.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Yellow Rice:.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- You need 4 cups of mixed water and coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s To taste of chicken stock powder.
Cone Shaped Yellow Padang Rice Called Nasi Tumpeng with Indonesian National Flag on Top of For Independence Day Celebration. Beef Rendang with Yellow Rice and Shrimp Crackers, served on a banana leaf. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online! Spicy and rich Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef, spices and Serve this dish with rice, noodles or bread.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice step by step
- Cut beef into bite sized cubes.
- Boil chilies, shallots,garlics about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside.
- Smash galangal and lemongrass.
- Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and then when it cold down blend it..
- When all are ready, pan fry beef untill golden brown and remove from the pan. Next step, Fry all ingredients untill fragrant and put in beef, stir and mix well, add coconut milk and some water,palm sugar, koya or desiccated coconut, and bring it to boil. Cover pan and turn into small fire, cook about 2,5 hours, during the process stir it somtime so that not sticky on the pan. add beef stock powder and taste it,, and Rendang is ready to serve.
- How to make yellow rice ? Use rice cooker is easier and faster, first wash 3 cups of rice, count water and coconut into 4 cups, smash lemongrass.
- Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Mix well. Turn on rice cooker and press cooking. 10 minut before it done, mix the rice again so that all colour and ingredients are mix well. Wait untill cooking process is done..
- When all have done, serve Rendang and Yellow rice,, and it is amazing, hope you enjoy to cook and love this food, :).
For a traditional Malaysian meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes. Below we have a wide selection of Indonesian instant seasoning mixes. A few are Sayur, Ayam Goreng, Soto, Opor, Nasi Goreng, Rendang, and many more by brands including Indofood, Bamboe, Kokita, and Munik. Aromatic coconut rice is topped with rendang sauce, meat, and other toppings and then wrapped in banana leaves and grilled. Nasi bakar bumbu rendang is one of the popular street foods.