Apple Pie Cupcakes. How to Make Apple Pie Cupcakes with a Cinnamon Roll Crust. The bottom of the cupcakes are made from cinnamon roll dough (store-bought or homemade) that have been flattened out into thin discs. These Apple Pie Cupcakes are perfectly spiced cupcakes stuffed with apple pie filling and topped with a light whipped topping.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of yellow cake mix and ingredients needed to make cake from the box.
- Prepare 2 of larger macintosh apples (for cake mix) peeled and chopped very small.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 stick of of softened butter (1 cup).
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 3 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of larger macintosh apples peeled and chopped small.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
Indulge in these simple apple pie cupcakes topped with a creamy cinnamon-nutmeg icing for the perfect fall dessert alongside a cup of coffee. These Apple Pie Cupcakes are soft & fluffy cinnamon infused cupcakes with a surprise apple pie Do you prefer Apple Pie or Cupcakes for dessert? Pfft, I say why choose when you can have the. Easy apple pie cupcakes that combine all of the comforting flavors of apple pie in cupcake form.
Apple Pie Cupcakes step by step
- For the cupcake: Make cake mix according to box directions. Mix next three ingredients ( chopped apples cinnamon and nutmeg ) and add to cake mix. Follow box directions to make cupcakes ..
- For the icing: Combine next 5 ingredients (butter, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and powdered sugar) with a hand mixer on high until mixed well and very creamy..
- For the apple pie topping: Add all remaining ingredients to a sautee pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes until apples are very soft. Let cool completely..
- Decorate cooled cupcakes with icing by piping around the outer edge and leave a half dollar size opening in the center. Spoon cooled apple pie filling in center..
These are the perfect fall cupcakes and taste absolutely amazing! Apple Pie Cupcakes from Delish.com might just out beat the classic pie. Nothing says Fall like a warm apple pie. Unfortunately, we don't always have time to make and chill pie dough. Fresh apple cupcake recipe with apple pie filling and brown sugar cinnamon buttercream frosting, topped with pie crust cutouts.