Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes. Reviews for: Photos of Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top!
Ingredients of Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 1 of and 1/3 (145 grams) cake flour.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of cup(60 grams) unsalted butter (room temperature).
- It’s 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg (room temperature).
- It’s 1/4 cup (60 ml) of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of liquid red food coloring.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 of cup(160 ml) buttermilk room temperature.
- You need of Butter Cream Frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter (room temperature).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 5-6 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk as needed..
This is such a simple recipe, and the cupcakes can be enjoyed either for Christmas or Valentine's Day, or, why not, all year round. These super easy red velvet cupcakes are. I'm changing this rule in these moist red velvet cupcakes with oil and kefir. Another ingredient that gives these cupcakes a good moistness is oil.
Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two standard 12 count muffin pand with 16 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Then sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed for 4-5 minutes,then add the egg and mix until fully combined. Mix in oil, vanilla,red food coloring and vinegar..Stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl..
- Mix in the dry ingredients in the additions alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix the batter..
- Evenly distribute the batter between all the 16 cupcake liners in the prepared muffin pan..
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Then remove the muffin pan after it cools of a little. Then transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack..
- Add butter to a stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment and beat butter at a medium speed for 5-6 minutes until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup at a time of the confectioner's sugar until you get your desired consistency and then add the vanilla extract.
- Add milk (1 teaspoon at a time) till the mixture is nice and smooth..
I have always been intrigued by red velvet cupcakes and more recently so when I have tasted a few red velvet cupcakes from different bakery. Because it is so soft and moist. Recently I used my red velvet cake recipe to make red velvet cupcakes and wasn't too thrilled with the texture anymore. The results: Perfectly soft yet sturdy, super moist and delicious red velvet cupcakes with the perfect "is this is a box cake?" texture and classic, southern red velvet taste. Red velvet cupcakes are by far my family's favorite flavor.