Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red food dye.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Applesauce.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of White vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of Powdered sugar.
All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth. Add sugar slowly and cream together until fluffy..
- Mix in egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Add applesauce and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and vinegar. It will fizzle, when it stops fizzling, mix into batter.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and mix into batter. Scoop into cupcake tins, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make frosting: Cream butter until smooth, add cream cheese and mix until smooth, mix in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended and no lumps.
Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. What you'll need to make Red Velvet Cupcakes. You should know right off the bat that these cupcakes are made with a lot of food coloring.