Roasted butternut squash soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- Prepare 1 of medium size butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s of Salt to season.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need 2 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander chopped including the stalks.
- You need of Celery roughly chopped.
- You need 190 C of Pre heat oven to.
You simply roast the squash with a couple diced potatoes until tender. (You can totally skip the potatoes but we love the starchy creaminess that they give the texture.) Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple! We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! Roasting the butternut squash until caramelized and tender is.
Roasted butternut squash soup instructions
- Slice the squash place on a baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil, season with salt..
- Bake in preheated oven 190 C until soft and roasted – approximately 15minutes.
- Remove from oven, while still warm carefully peel the skin off. Rought chop the roasted squash.
- Place a deep pan on the hob. Add onion followed by celery and rest of ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat for 1 minute. Stirring to avoid burning..
- Add the chopped roasted squash. Mix all, leave to cook until soft. This won't take long since the butternut squash is almost cooked..
- Add the stock and leave to simmer. If too thick add some water..
- Using a hand blender to puree the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add some chopped coriander, give it a little stir..
- Serve warm with slice of toast. You can sprinkle grated cheese while serving.
It was a silky butternut squash soup that first converted me. Since then, I've tried all kinds of butternut squash soup. Today I've got a super simple five-ingredient roasted butternut squash soup recipe for you—with three ways to spice it up! A classic roasted butternut squash soup, flavoured with a little apple and maple syrup. Vegetarian and dairy-free options, as well.