Bakpao Isi Rendang (Steamed Buns with Rendang filling).
Ingredients of Bakpao Isi Rendang (Steamed Buns with Rendang filling)
- It’s 450 gram of high protein flour.
- Prepare 50 gram of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of instan yeast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 240 ml of ice water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Bakpao Isi Rendang (Steamed Buns with Rendang filling) step by step
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and instant yeast. Sift, then stir well..
- Add ice water little by little to the mixture of dry ingredients, knead until smooth. Add butter and salt, knead with the help of a mixer (rest the mixer every 10 minutes to keep it from getting too hot). Knead until smooth elastic, then round the dough. Let stand for 30 minutes..
- After the dough has expanded, deflate the dough, divide and shape according to taste. Round shape, then rest the dough again for 30 minutes..
- Rollover thin, fill according to taste (I use the remaining rendang) Round the dough, make sure the dough is closed completely by pinching-pinch so that the contents do not come out. Cover the bottom with baking paper..
- Heat the steam until it is steaming, cover the lid with a cloth so the water doesn't drip. Steam the steamed buns for 5-7 minutes over high heat. Immediately remove from steam as soon as cooked.