Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup.
Ingredients of Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup
- Prepare 1 of leftover turkey ( you can add in the legs with bones or pull the meat off like I do ).
- It’s 2 of cans green beans.
- It’s 2 of cans carrots ( I used fresh carrots this time ).
- It’s 2 of cans of peas.
- It’s 1 of you can change any vegetable you want. you can add corn , lima beans . anything you like.
- You need 2 of to 3 large potatoes ( peeled and cut up ).
- It’s 1 of bag of noodles ( any kind ).
- You need 1 of vegetable stock or turkey stock ( I use one box of vegetable stock , about 16 ounces , sometimes more. you can also use the bullion cubes and make your own ).
- It’s 1 of left over turkey gravy ( my recipe for mine will follow after this and I will add it here ).
- Prepare 1 of medium diced onion.
- You need 1 of salt to your taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to your taste.
- Prepare 2 of to 5 teaspoons of garlic powder ( to your taste, you can add more or use 1 to 2 cloves minced ).
- You need 1 of a few pinches of sage ( you can use basil or thyme as well ).
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup step by step
- If you still have meat on the turkey , pull it off and put it into your crock pot. I already had mine off and into a dish that was in my fridge along with 2 legs. I pull the meat off the legs to go in but you can leave it on the bone and toss in..
- Pour in turkey or vegetable stock. Enough to cover the meat and vegetables. Turn crock pot on to medium heat. High heat if you want it faster. I let this sit on medium for 4 hours then go to low for another hour or two.
- Add in all of your vegetables, onion and potatoes..
- Add in your seasonings. Stir..
- Add in your leftover turkey gravy. Stir. As you can see, there are clumps because I didn't warm it up which is fine, just mix it in well and as it warms up it will blend well https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361137-taisens-turkey-gravy.
- Cover the crock pot with lid. Cook for 4 to 8 hours depending on settings and how long you want it sitting. Stir every so often and check fluid level. Make sure everything is covered in liquid. I ended up transferring the soup to a large pot because my crock pot didn't have enough room ..
- 30 to 40 minutes before serving, cook your pasta noodles. Drain them and add into the crock pot. Mix / stir well. Allow it to simmer for about 25 minutes. ( you can add the noodles in and cook them , but every time I try it doesn't turn out so I do it this way ).
- Serve with warm buttered rolls or anything else . Enjoy !.