Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe.
Ingredients of Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Prepare 150 gms of All Purpose Flour (1 1/4 cups).
- Prepare 10 gms of Baking Powder (2 tspns).
- It’s 50 gms of Cocoa Powder (1/4 cup).
- It’s 65 gms of Sugar (1/3 cup).
- You need 70 gms of Unsalted Butter or Margarine (1/3 cup).
- Prepare 5 ml of Vanilla Essence (1 tspn).
- Prepare 2 pcs of Eggs.
- It’s 180-190 ml of Milk (appx. 3/4 cup).
- You need 1/4 of tspn Salt (If using Margarine; don't use salt).
Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F or 180°C. Line a dozen (12 pcs) cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, measure and sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together then set aside (If using un-salted butter – add salt to the dry ingredients). In a small bowl, beat the eggs and essence together until mixture has bubbles; set aside..
- In a large bowl, measure the sugar and butter/margarine and cream until white or almost white. You can use a balloon whisk, should take about 5 – 7 minutes. You can also use an electric mixer and cream between 3 to 5 minutes..
- Add the egg mixture into your creamed mixture and beat for no more than 1 minute, make sure ingredients are well incorporated..
- Pour half the dry ingredients into your creamed mixture and start folding using a spatula. Pour the rest of the dry ingredients and add the milk gradually while folding. Make sure your batter is of a drop consistency (when you pick batter with a spatula & drop it back – it should drop within 2-3 seconds), it’s ready for baking..
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners; make sure you don’t fill past 3/4 way..
- Place the muffin pan into the oven, preferably the middle rack and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Remove the muffin pan from oven, place on a shelf to cool for about 5 minutes..
- Remove them and place them on a tray or a cooling rack to cool completely..
- If you would like; you can make some cream frosting and decorate them to look pretty ^_^ Easiest way is to chill, then whip a cup (250ml) of non-dairy cream topping for about 5 – 10 minutes and then decorate your cupcakes!.