Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry. This simple peanut and sweet potato curry was a big hit in our house and I hope it will become one of your favourite midweek meals also. PS: If you make my vegan peanut curry with sweet potato, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. You can order your Pikt box at.
Ingredients of Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger diced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of rendang curry paste.
- You need 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- It’s 480 mls of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Juice of half a lime.
- You need 1 of large sweet potato.
- Prepare 100 g of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
I believe this type of curry traditionally uses collard greens (aka spring greens), but I didn't have any on hand I hope you'll love this Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry! It's for surely gotta be sweet potato curry, for surely for sure. There just cannot be anything else. For example, just off the top of my head: Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry that can be made in about Add half of the peanut/cilantro mixture; reserve the rest for topping.
Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry step by step
- Using a heavy pan, heat the oil and add the onion, frying until almost translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger frying for a few minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix in the turmeric and rendang curry paste, frying again for a few minutes. Then stir in the canned tomatoes..
- Next add 480mls of water and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and keep on a low heat until the tomatoes start to fall apart..
- Next mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Give it a good stir..
- Then add the cubed sweet potato and chickpeas and cover the pot. The potato will cook in around 15 minutes but the sauce tastes better the longer you leave it..
- Add the spinach a few minutes before you are ready to serve up giving it a good stir and ensuring its tender..
- You can serve on rice with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Add a quick splash of fish sauce. Keyword vegan sweet potato curry, chickpea curry, coconut curry. I was trying to emulate a Thai massaman curry but without having the ingedients. Beef rendang (the original rendang) is a curry with meltingly tender beef that's been slow cooked in a rich, aromatic and highly spiced coconut gravy. The carrots, sweet potato and squash can go in with the potatoes.