Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 11/3 cups of Cake Flour sifted.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 60 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 200 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 4-5 drops of red food colouring.
- It’s of For Frosting.
- It’s 230 g of cream cheese at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 110 g of soft unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 180, line heart shaped or any shape muffin moulds.
- In a bowl, sieve cake flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder. keep it aside.
- In another bowl, blend 60g butter and sugar for 4 minutes.
- Add egg and blend until pale and frothy.
- Add oil, Vanilla extract and red food colouring. Blend well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternatively, blend until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin mould upto 1/2 level.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, blend cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and blend well.
- Add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Add frosting to piping bag and pipe over cupcakes and serve.
Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. What you'll need to make Red Velvet Cupcakes. You should know right off the bat that these cupcakes are made with a lot of food coloring.