Vanilla red velvet cupcakes. To me, red velvet is more of a vanilla cake than a chocolate cake. Though the red velvet cupcake itself is pretty impressive, my favorite part about this cupcake is its combination with cream cheese frosting. These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients of Vanilla red velvet cupcakes
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red colour.
Instead of cream cheese frosting, I use my favorite vanilla frosting. I topped each cupcake with vanilla frosting and some red velvet crumble! Red velvet cake and cupcakes are so popular, but so many problems tend to plague them. They're either from a box, which feels like cheating, or they're from scratch but are horribly I also made a one-bowl, no-mixer vanilla cream cheese frosting for the red velvet cake cupcakes that I simply spread on.
Vanilla red velvet cupcakes step by step
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder..
- In a large bowl mix with a folk or whisk butter/margarine and sugar. Add vanilla essence and one egg at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with milk. Start and finish with flour..
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the muffin tray with the muffin cases. If you don't have any, grease your muffin pan/s with butter/margarine (use what you used in the recipe so that you can have consistency).
- Using a tablespoon pour half of the batter in the muffin trays or cases. For the remaining half of the batter add the cocoa powder; whisk until fully combined; then add the red colour. Whisk until combined.
- Using a tablespoon add the red batter on top of the vanilla batter in the cases or muffin trays. The batter should be 1/4 of the cup to give room for it to rise. Place the tray/s in the preheated oven..
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check whether the cupcake is ready..
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes. The red color can come from beets or even strawberries but personally I unapologetically prefer red food dye and in large quantities as it does a better job of disguising the brown chocolate without altering the flavor. Be sure to be careful when putting this. Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, softened, butter, sour cream and McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Reviews for: Photos of Red Velvet Cupcakes.