Red velvet cake/cupcakes. That red velvet cake was the bees knees. I have never been able to recreate something like it! I've tried a lot of "good" red velvet cupcake and cake recipes- some great- but nothing that deserves a spot in my archives.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake/cupcakes
- It’s 250 g of blueband.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of fermented milk (mala).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 TSP of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/4 TSP of red food colour.
- It’s 1 TSP of vanilla essence.
Although they say that the reaction between cocoa powder and baking soda gives a red tinge to the batter. I have made this recipe for Red Velvet Cake countless times. It's adapted from the New York Times, and in my opinion, is one of the best Red Velvet recipes out there. Instead of making a traditional cake or cupcakes, I thought I'd jazz up this sweet treat by layering slices of cupcake with cream cheese.
Red velvet cake/cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees…if using a gas oven, put on low or medium-low mark.
- Prepare your baking tin by greasing with blueband & dust with flour.
- Mix the blueband with sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix vanilla, vinegar, baking soda & food colour in a separate bowl then add this to the egg mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder & fermented milk… mixing it until no lumps are visible.
- Pour into your baking tin & bake for 40mins or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
The best quote about the allure of red velvet cake comes from Southern food writer Angie Mosier, who said, "It's the Dolly Parton of cakes — a little bit tacky, but you love her." I have shared my Red Velvet Cake Recipe and it has actually climbed to be one of the most popular recipes on Modern Honey. The key with red velvet cupcakes is to have a touch of chocolate flavor. It needs to be enough to notice it but not enough to make it taste like a full-blown chocolate cake. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of the US Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to I've tried many and this one has the best vibrant red color. Try my Red Velvet Cupcakes and.