Red velvet cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
Ingredients of Red velvet cupcakes
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of \2 cup butter.
- You need of Veg. Oil 1\4 cup.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla powder.
- You need of Red color.
- You need of Milk 2 tbl spoons.
- It’s of Vinegar 1 tbl spoon.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video.
Red velvet cupcakes step by step
- For buttermilk, pour 1 cup of water in bowl, add 2 tbl spoons of powdered milk, add 1 tbl spoon of vinegar. Dilute and allow to rest..
- Add sugar, butter and veg. Oil in a mixing bowl, mix with a mixer, add the eggs, add the buttermilk..
- Sift flour, add baking soda and powder, add vanilla powder, cocoa powder together. Mix and add to the first mixture, then mix all together till soft, then add food color till red.
- Then pour into cupcake pan and bake.
Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. What you'll need to make Red Velvet Cupcakes. You should know right off the bat that these cupcakes are made with a lot of food coloring.