Red velvet cup cake. What makes red velvet stand out from say, chocolate cupcakes, is its wonderfully buttery flavor. I love that about red velvet. And during some recipe testing, I threw that flavor.
Ingredients of Red velvet cup cake
- It’s 2 1/4 Cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of cocoa powder unsweetened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cup of butter.
- You need 2 Cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 Cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 Cup of milk or buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red food coloring liquid not gel.
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa.
Red velvet cup cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners..
- In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together..
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes..
- Scrape down bowl and beat again.On low, add eggs one at a time and add vanilla..
- Add sour cream.Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt…) alternating while adding the milk..
- Stir in red food coloring.Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean..
- Let cool and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting..
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes. The red color can come from beets or even strawberries but personally I unapologetically prefer red food dye and in large quantities. What you'll need to make Red Velvet Cupcakes. You should know right off the bat that these cupcakes are made with a lot of food coloring. Not ideal, I know, but the color is.