Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s of Cake mixture.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 120 ml of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of red food colouring (liquid).
- Prepare 180 ml of sunflower oil.
- You need 200 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 225 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of heaped cocoa powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 100 grams of cream cheese.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 200 grams of icing sugar(confectioners sugar).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- preheat oven to 180°C..
- whisk the egg in a bowl for a minute..
- add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and sunflower oil..
- dump the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and food colouring into the bowl an d mix together..
- whisk for a few minutes until combined and smooth..
- spoon into cupcake cases sat in a muffin tray so they are ¾ full..
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes until risen and cooked – test with a knife and it should come out clean..
- cool the cupcakes in their cases..
- slice a little off of the top of the cupcakes to make it flat and keep the trimmings to one side..
- for frosting.
- beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy with the vanilla..
- add icing sugar and stir until combined..
- spread a little icing on top of the cupcake and crumble some sponge off-cuts on top to decorate..
Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. What you'll need to make Red Velvet Cupcakes. You should know right off the bat that these cupcakes are made with a lot of food coloring.