Red velvet cup cakes with cream cheese frosting. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard Frosted Cupcakes: You can store the frosted cupcakes at room temperature for a few days. I ended up making two batches of red velvet cupcakes to take to a handful of events with friends this weekend, and they were a definite hit! And both paired perfectly with that luscious cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients of Red velvet cup cakes with cream cheese frosting
- You need 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of butter milk room temperature.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of red food coloring.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanillia extract.
- It’s 1 lb of cream cheese.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 cup of confectioners sugar.
I've heard people say that red velvet cake is just chocolate cake with red food coloring. The right balance of chocolate in a red velvet recipe is important. These are the absolute BEST red velvet cupcakes! A gorgeous red color, moist and fluffy, and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting.
Red velvet cup cakes with cream cheese frosting step by step
- pre heat oven 350 line 2(12- cup) muffin pans with cup cake paper.
- in mefium mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. in large bowl gently beat together the oil, butter milk, eggs, food coloring, and vinegar, and vanilla with hand held mixer.
- add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and cimbined.
- divde the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. bake in oven for about 20-22minutes, turning the pan once half way throught. test the cup cakes with a toothpick for doneness. remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- for cream cheese frosting.
- in large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until smooth. add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy..
Really, really good red velvet cupcakes can be totally elusive, right? Some are dry, some are TOO red. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking Garnish with chopped pecans and a fresh raspberry or strawberry. Creamy frosting doubles as a surprise filling in rich, red velvet cupcakes. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.