Cherry 🍒 Poke Cake. Pound cake streaked with cherry gelatin is layered with cherry pie filling and creamy whipped topping. Poke Cake is one of the easiest cakes you will ever bake, with the endless option of flavor combinations, you will never grow tired of them. Looking for a layer cake using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix?
Ingredients of Cherry 🍒 Poke Cake
- Prepare 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix.
- Prepare of Ingredients called for on cake mix.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 package of cherry Jello (3 ounce).
- It’s 1/3 cup of cold water.
- You need of Cream cheese frosting.
My son loves cherries so this poke cake became an instant favorite for him! Pour cherry mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Do you call these cakes poke?
Cherry 🍒 Poke Cake step by step
- Prepare cake mix according to directions and bake for a 13×9 inch pan……Cool baked cake for about 30 minutes……
- Poke holes into cooked cake with a large fork or a straw……
- Add your 1 cup of boiling water to your cherry jello, stir until powder is dissolved, then add your 1/3 cup cold water, stir well……
- Pour jello mixture over cake that you poked the holes into…….
- Cover and refrigerate cake for 3 hours……
- Spread your cream cheese frosting over cake 🍰, serve and enjoy 😉!!.
Whenever I tell someone they are eating a poke cake, they never seem to know what I'm talking about. I too didn't really know what a poke cake was For this cake, you'll reach for your trusted cake mix and substitute some of the water (or milk) for maraschino cherry juice. Pour the cherry mixture over the top and spread evenly. DIRECTIONS Poke holes at once down through cake with a fork. Top with the cherry pie filling, then cover with whipped topping.