Egg Tart. The best Hong Kong egg tarts are made from the Chinese puff pastry, which is slightly different from the western puff pastry. This pastry is less oily than the western version with a more floury flavor. Remove the tart tins from the refrigerator and carefully pour egg filling into each each.
Ingredients of Egg Tart
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 180 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of evap milk.
- It’s of Vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 115 g of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
Commonly found in Hong Kong and other Asian countries. The tarts consist of an outer pastry crust that is filled with egg custard and baked. Today, egg tarts come in many variations within Hong Kong cuisine, including egg white tarts, milk tarts. You can reduce the sugar used on the crust and the filling to fit your taste.
Egg Tart step by step
- Making crust::: place butter at room temp until softened. Cream butter and sugar with mixer unti it become smooth and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Sift flour in 2 batches, scrape sides of the bowl between additions with a spatula and knead dough.
- Roll the dough to a 1/2 cm thickness. Cut dough and form like a tart tin. Lightly press the dough with your thumb. Starting from the bottom then up to the sides.. While pressing the dough turn the tart tin clockwise/anti clockwise in order to make even tart shell. Trim any excess dough.
- Mix 2 eggs, sugar, 180 ml water, evap milk and vanilla. Whisk all. Carefully pour mixture into tart shell. Then pre heat oven to 200c for 10 mins then lower the heat to 180c.Then put in tarts and bake for 55 mins.
Egg tart is one of the delicacies that can be found in most Asian countries, especially in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Egg tart was introduced to Hong Kong as a kind of "dim sum" (snack) during. Egg tarts are my favorite Chinese dessert. I remember my mom always treating me to them Chinese egg tarts (aka daan taat) is a dessert consisting of a flaky pastry shell filled with an egg custard. Freshly baked egg tarts with buttery base and soft egg custard insides.