Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream.
Ingredients of Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream
- You need of cupcakes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of apple cider.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of frosting.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1/2 bag of Kraft caramels, melted with 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk for thinning if needed (or 2 tbsp).
Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream instructions
- For cupcakes: Whisk together all ingredients..
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350º for 19 minutes..
- For buttercream: In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and shortening..
- Add the powdered sugar and the caramel alternately (add the salt in with the caramel), mixing after each addition..
- Add milk, by the tbsp. as needed for thinning.
- *The caramel is a little tricky just in that it needs to be the right temperature– warm enough that it's still liquid and can blend into the buttercream, but not so hot that it melts the butter making everything too thin. Evaluate the buttercream at about 4 tbsp of caramel– if it's getting way too thin, stop adding caramel or add more powdered sugar. I found that 6 Tbsp. was perfect for my batch..