Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of crushed garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of large carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large parsnip finely chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 500 ml of boiled water.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Cut the butternut squash in four (with a cross from top to bottom) and roast it in the oven at medium heat for approx. 20 minutes..
- In a saucepan, add the sunflower oil to fry the onion and the garlic in medium heat. Add the carrots and parsnip then add the celery salt and leave it to cook for 3 minutes with the lid on in lower heat..
- Scrap the butternut squash with a spoon or peel it with a knife, it should be cooked but firm, make sure it is not burning hot before peeling it..
- Pour the water, the butternut squash, garam masala and ginger. Leave it to cook for 5 minutes with the lid on at medium to low heat..
- Take the pan off the hob, blend it until it's to your taste, I like it a little bit lumpy. Add salt and enjoy! You can garnish with pumpkin seeds, it looks pretty and it's crunchy!.
But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili. Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter.