Roasted Squash & Apple Soup. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the Because squash has a natural sweetness to it, I find roasting to be the best method, because it. Roasted summer squash is simple and delicious, it really doesn't get easier than this! There's something about roasting vegetables that makes them taste so good.
Ingredients of Roasted Squash & Apple Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of tart apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes, plus 1 small apple for optional garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 quart of low-sodium chicken or veggie broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds.
Roasted Squash with Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you Once you've split the squash and scooped out the seeds (which you should definitely save for roasting later), then. The deep orange squash is super versatile and works well as roasted butternut squash soup, as a For a simple roasted butternut squash you don't need much.
Roasted Squash & Apple Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cubed squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil and sugar and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 20–30 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, gently stirring halfway through roasting. Set aside..
- In a medium pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 4–6 minutes or until softened. Add apples and thyme and sauté 5 minutes more. Add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10–15 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in roasted squash to combine..
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender until very smooth. If soup is too thick, add additional water until desired consistency is reached. Return to pan and season with sugar and salt..
- Divide between bowls and garnish with thinly sliced apple, pepper and pumpkin seeds..
Toss it in some olive oil with salt. Place the squash in a roasting tin, cut-sides up. Acorn squash is a winter squash with firm, ribbed, green outer skin and orange flesh. The seeds look just like pumpkin seeds, and can be roasted and eaten in the same way. Tips For Making Roasted Butternut Squash.