Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage. Blended squash with cream of chicken soup and added skim milk to thin. Cooked sausage with onions fresh garlic celery and red wine as advised by I only had low fat breakfast sausage and the seasoning are very pleasant with the butternut squash. I left out corn (personal preference) added.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage
- Prepare 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 1 of Tart Apple. Granny Smith work well..
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream..
- You need 1 tbsp of Chicken Bouillon. If you have 2 cups of chicken stock, use that in place of the bouillon and water..
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 pinch of Sage.
- You need 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Mild sausage (Kielbasa is pictured) or chicken, cooked.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
You want to start this at least an Pour in some chicken broth as well. Heat up the contents of the pot until nice and warm. Panera's Autumn Squash Soup is a benchmark for the best butternut squash soup not only because people go nuts for it, but also because it really does have the perfect texture and flavor. Here's where a little ingredient sleuthing helped us re-create this favorite at home.
Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage step by step
- Read through all directions first! This isn't a complicated recipe, but one of the steps overlaps another and will save you thirty minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cut your squash in half, long ways, and remove the seeds..
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until a fork easily inserts into the meatiest part..
- Approximately 20 minutes before your squash is done, place the apple in the baking dish with the squash and bake until the skin splits. You want the meat of the apple to be tender, but not mushy, when done..
- Once the apple and squash are done baking, use a spoon to scrape the meat of the squash off the skin. I normally let my squash cool about 15 minutes before attempting this. Scrape into a large bowl. You may discard the skin..
- The skin of the apple should peel off fairly easily. I usually just pull it off. Use a paring knife to slice the remainder of the apple into the bowl with the squash. You may discard the apple peel..
- This next step will require a mixing bowl, a food processor, or a blender. I used a food processor, but the other two will work just as well. Puree the apple and squash until it has a smooth consistency. Scrape into a medium sized pot..
- Turn a medium flame on under the pot with the squash and apple mixture and gently whisk in your cream..
- Add your bouillon and water, or chicken stock, and gently whisk in..
- Add the remaining ingredients except the meat and salt. Stir.
- The soup should have a thicker consistency, but not offer much resistance to a stirring spoon. If you feel your soup is too thick, a little bit of milk or water should thin it. If you feel it is too watery, rapidly boil down, whisking the entire time to prevent burning. Much of this is dependent on your personal taste and preferred texture..
- Add your meat, stirring in slowly with a spoon. Turn your flame to low..
- Allow the meat and soup to rest for a few minutes before adding salt to taste. I did not add any salt to mine as I found the Kielbasa to be salty enough..
A deliciously healthy broth-based chicken, quinoa, and butternut squash soup made simple in the slow cooker. Last year I created this sweet potato Speaking of squash, it gets so tender in this soup that I mashed up a lot of it after it was done cooking. It makes the soup super hearty without any. American Soup Butternut Squash Sausage Recipes Main Dish Appetizer Winter Fall Caramelizing Pureeing Recipes. Crispy Chicken with Corn and Sausage.