Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Ingredients of Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of Cake Mix.
- Prepare 3 of 1⁄2 cups cake flour (not self rising).
- You need 3 of ⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 2 of 1⁄2 cups sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, at room temperture.
- You need 6 tablespoons of red food coloring.
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons salt.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 cups buttermilk OR 1 Tablespoon white vinegar + enough milk to measure 1 1⁄2 cup.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar.
- You need 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 1 pound of (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces.
- You need 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 5 cups of sifted confectioners' sugar.
Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Make the Cream Cheese frosting first as It needs 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat well. Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour 2 cupcake pans for 24 cupcakes OR prepare 24 cupcake paper and place them in the pan..
- To make the batter: In a small bowl, sift the cake flour and set aside. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes..
- Add the eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk together the red coloring, cocoa, and vanilla. Add to the batter and beat well..
- In a measuring cup, stir the the buttermilk and add to the batter in three parts alternating with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat..
- In a small bowl, stir together the cider vinegar and baking soda. Add to the batter and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth..
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake the cupcakes until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes..
- Bring the frosting out and using a pump OR just a spreading knife spread the cream cheese on the cupcakes and enjoy!.